Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A CHARACTER SKETCH AND A TEASER POSTER

With year 2 at the Kubert School winding down, I find the pool of assignments we are wading in to be steadily growing deeper and deeper as more and more homework pages are piled on.  Still, I can't help but want to crank out some Draco stuff when I can find time to squeeze it in, either as an assignment, or just for fun.

I've been playing with ink and watercolor quite a bit this year, so I returned to that for these pieces, and added some Col-Erase pencils for some of the shadows and additional values.  I kind of dig the way the colors look, but that may just be because I'm a sucker for traditional methods.

This first one is a sketch of THRASH doing some sword training.  He's a cool character.  Doesn't say a whole lot, but takes his swords pretty seriously.  He kind of reminds me of "snake eyes in space" minus the black suit… and he "can" talk, he just doesn't blabber.  

THRASH

And this second piece is a kind of Teaser Poster for DRACO: AT WAR.  More than anything I thought it would be cool to get a glimpse of Planet Tronun.  Though this is not an image from the story itself, it gives a hint of what may be in store for our characters in the 20 page comic.

DRACO: AT WAR TEASER POSTER
I'm still figuring out what I want the book style to look like. It's constantly changing, ever-evolving, and pretty exciting, because it can be whatever we want.  So my goal is just to make it look as cool as I possibly can.  

Enjoy!  More updates coming soon…


Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment