Wednesday, September 7, 2016

KUBERT SCHOOL GRADUATION & MULTIVERSITY COMICS

Man, is it SEPTEMBER already?!?  ... and 2016 too!!!

It's been a super long time since I posted anything about comics or art, that doesn't mean I haven't been drawing... I've been drawing... A LOT!!

I wrapped up my time at the Kubert School back in May.  3 years and thousands of drawings later... I graduated with all my super cool 3rd year Kubie peeps.  We had a rad dinner with a small ceremony and my wife and son drove up for the festivities.  It was a good time.  Very challenging, but totally worth it.

The first part of 2016 was all in preparation for graduation, getting assignments done, getting the portfolio ready, meeting with tons of Comics publishers, editors and professionals.  We met with Marvel, Aftershock, and Valiant (to name a few), and I sent stuff to IDW and Udon.  I should probably do a post just about Portfolio reviews and meetings and submissions... it's pretty interesting stuff.  I also did a ton of sketch-parties at a bunch of comic book stores, and several cons and numerous shows and events... a special shout out to ZAPP COMICS in Wayne, NJ for being the best comic book store in the U.S.!!!

This summer, after finishing school and clearing out and cleaning up the "the Mansion" (one of the Kubert Student Housing locations- I was one of the RA's for the second half of the school year) I moved back down from New Jersey to North Carolina, and once in NC I moved from one house to another.

But now, School is back in session, and with my kid out the door early, I'm finding more and more time to draw again.

So here is something cool... I got a small feature on the Multiversity Comics Website.  I did a Supergirl illustration for them and the art will be auctioned off for a kid's Charity at a later date.  I'll keep you posted about that.

Check out the awesome write up, here >>> 40 Days of Supergirl: Erik Klaus

Without further ado... Here is Supergirl:

SUPERGIRL by Erik Klaus.  Ink and watercolor on bristol. 


More updates coming SOON!

*POOF*

No comments:

Post a Comment